"But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love.
For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. O my Strength, to you I sing praises,
for you, O God, are my refuge, the God who shows me unfailing love."
- Psalm 59:16-17.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." - James 5:16

I realize this isn't a devotion of sorts like I normally have on here, but I felt this needed to be said. James tells us to confess our sins so that we may be healed of them, so I am doing just that.

I didn’t just come to this great realization today, I’ve known I’ve carried this sin for a long time, but I have just been hit with it after hearing some advice that was hard to take today.

I have a prideful heart. Hearing that I had pride today was initially only in my hair, but after some thought and prayer, my pride is not only in my hair, but in much more than that.
I am prideful over my knowledge theologically. I am prideful over my knowledge in general. I am prideful of my morals when compared to others. I am prideful of the way I look and the way I dress. I am prideful in what I believe. I am prideful in the way I act. I get offended when people try to tell me what to do or when they express their opinion of me that isn’t exactly what I want to hear.

I even remember going over The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector the other week and thinking that I had nothing to worry about and that I could never be prideful like the Pharisee. But even in thinking that, I was being prideful. I’ve realized that the thing I have been totally against has been the same thing that has flown under the radar and infected my life.

I just ask for prayer from those of you reading this who pray, as I myself will be praying vehemently to be humbled daily so that I may overcome this. I am dust.

“For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and the one who humbles himself will be exalted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment